This is an entry level opportunity. As a Junior Web Developer, you will join a team of experienced Web Developers and Technologists to help build and maintain exceptional user experiences for our web development products. You will be working with industry standard content management platforms using traditional templating systems, as well as gaining the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
The work will be production oriented, fast-paced, high-volume and you will gain rapid exposure to a great variety of sites, technologies and systems. You will learn from and be supported by seasoned professionals.
- Work within Agile framework.
- Write testable efficient code by following best software development practices.
- Work on MVC framework and CMS.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Optimise applications for speed and scalability.
- Be a team player.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Computer Science degree(BE/B.Sc/BCA) or other formal education in software development or interactive design
- 1+ years of professional experience in web development
- Experience with PHP
- Ajax and RESTful API integrations, including JSON and/or XML experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with a CMS, such as Magento, Drupal or WordPress
- Experience with CSS precompilers (Sass or Less)
- Experience with a front-end framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience with a version control system, such as Git or Subversion
- Experience in Digital Media and Publishing
- Design skills or a good design sensibility
- Image Editing